It’s a difficult choice in choosing what products suits your needs especially with the rampant rise of countless products in the market. It’s even more difficult when you don’t have a single idea on what to choose. This is pretty accurate in terms of market share of anti-snoring devices. With the countless products out there, you are bound to stumble upon the SnoreMender. Though innovative and technologically advanced, it still raises the question whether it is at par with its competitor.
Also known as SnoreMender PS, it replaced the original model back in 2013. It’s “PS” stands for “pressure shift” which is a feature we’ll talk about later.
SnoreMender is classified as a MAD or mandible advancement device which aids our snoring problem by adjusting our jaw in a frontal position while we sleep. It keeps our airways free from obstruction.
By holding our jaw in that position, soft tissues will not vibrate which stops it from creating the snoring noise. Though it is classified together with other MADs, there are some features to it that has a class of its own. Of course, these comes with its own pros and cons.
The Pressure Shift™
The Pressure Shift™ of the SnoreMender truly is a revolutionary breakthrough in terms of anti-snoring device. They are the only anti-snoring product in the market to address the complaint of having to much weight placed on the teeth of the lower jaw. By using Pressure Shift™ Technology, the device automatically shifts the pressure to stronger and larger teeth, thus alleviating the pain and pressure from other smaller teeth.
By doing this, the wearer becomes much more comfortable and in turn, the device becomes more effective.
A Closer Look
Most MADs require the wearer to use a boil-and-bite method. However, the SnoreMender PS is ready to use straight from the box. Though it may seem convenient, it does have its disadvantages since not everyone can have a perfect fit.
Their hinge design, which is also patented, is another great feature of the product. It allows the wearer natural jaw movement. The SnoreMender PS can also be adjusted to increase or decrease jaw positioning.
- Pros: Micro adjustments are easy to make. Also, cleaning the device is very convenient as well. Unlike most MADs, it is not so bulky thanks to its flexible frame. It prevents over pressure and is more adaptive to your mouth.
- Cons: major adjustments are fairly difficult to make. The range of adjustments you would expect is also limited.
Along with high grade anti-snoring devices, the SnoreMender is made up of medical grade materials. It does not contain any silicone, latex, BPA, or phthalates. With this, it will not irritate your mouth and can be adjusted hundreds of times.
Unlike intricate designs of other mouth pieces, this one is simple enough. Which is why it cannot harbour bacteria in the crevices.
Also, it has air holes similar to those of other mouth pieces which allow it users to breathe through the mouth when sleeping. It can last for 12-24 months.
SnoreMender vs. SnoreMender PS
Here are the noticeable differences between the two:
- Material- The newer version has better quality as opposed to the previous one.
- Point of Pressure- The previous one did not have the Pressure Shift Technology. The newer version had applied a feature where the pressure is applied to the larger teeth instead of the smaller one.
- Excess Material- The newer version had removed the excess materials that the previous one had. This way, it feels more comfortable and appeals more streamlined in our mouth.
- Air Holes- The original SnoreMender required the user to breathe through the nose limitedly since it did not have air holes. It was very difficult for those with nasal polyps and deviated septum to use the product since they were unable to breathe through the nose. This newer version placed air holes in both upper and lower trays of the product.
- Hinged Tension- The newer product has a stronger hinge. However, if you prefer a variety of strength in the hinges, you can always replace it with their exchange program.
Started by Jeremy Alan Kenyon, Sleep Well Enjoy was originally from the UK but moved to the US in 2011.
The founder of the company, surprising as it is, did not have any dental nor medical practice. Instead, he was a gaming and computer geek. But, with the help of a few orthodontists, he found the company and designed the popular products.
The leader of his team, a top-notch orthodontist, had been practicing for 30 years and is currently a member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine. His company remains small, and he still acts as its director and secretary.
Unlike most MADs, it had been clinically tested countless of times and had proven time and time again that it is an exceptional product.
Cost and Warranty
One of the few products in the market that offer free shipping worldwide. You can purchase one for $49, and for two, you can get them at a lower price at $43 each.
It’s a guarantee that you can replace the product. If it can’t be replaced for 90 days, they’ll give you a refund.
Pros and Cons
Like most products in the market, it has its own advantages and disadvantages. Before considering buying the product, enlighten yourself on what you’ll be buying.
- Can be used for 12-24 years
- Pressure Shift™ technology allows the user to direct the pressure from smaller teeth unto larger teeth
- It allows you to breathe through your mouth
- Latex-free materials; will not cause irritations to gums
- Smooth edges
- User can move jaw from side to side
- No need to employ boil-and-bite method
- Can adjust lower jaw
- Design does not harbour bacteria
- Includes free shipping
- Affordable price
- The “one size fits all” feature does not fit everyone’s mouth
- User may experience teeth and jaw pain
- Not recommended for those wearing dentures
- Lower jaw adjustments require effort
- Not cleared by FDA
Should You Buy the SnoreMender PS
With its innovative features and simple design, it boasts the features necessarily for an anti-snoring product.
The PressureShift™ sells the device like pancakes since it’s one of a kind. Also, being BPA and latex-free markets the product as being safe and non-irritating to the gums. Though it is very convenient, it doesn’t fit everyone since they don’t employ a boil-and-bite method. Having a better fit is a feature you need to compromise when using this product.
Also, the product is shipped free across the globe. And with $59.99, you can already purchase two of these.
Their money back guarantee and 100 percent parts replacement will also ensure the customers that their getting more for their moneys worth.