If you’ve been around the snoring solution market for quite some time, it’s a possibility that you’ve come across the SleepPro standard.
This product is an upgrade of the former one. It works similar to how most MAD works: by holding your jaw in a forward position so you won’t snore.
While we sleep, the muscles in our mouth become too relaxed thus falls back unto our throat. This causes the airways to obstructed which then, causes snoring. The snoring is caused by the air trying to pass through an obstructed airway, which causes vibrations that becomes the sound of snoring.
A Closer Look
Most people who are familiar with MADs know that either a boil-and-bite method needs to be utilized before using or a custom fit product is sent. This is not the case in the SleepPro Custom. From their laboratory, they create a custom fit that will suit your oral need. After that, they send you an impression kit in the mail.
After which, you should follow the instructions in the kit, send it back to the manufacturer and your custom made snore solution is sent back to you.
The product is less bulky and less thin. No irritation will occur with the use of this device and it also allows the user to breathe through the mouth.
The Perfect Fit
To ensure that their customers get the perfect fit, the company sends in a dental impression kit which they must use. After preparing their marked clay with their teeth’s impression, they must send it back to the manufacturer in order to send back their mouthpiece that is now ready to use.
Comparing Custom and Standard Models
The former SleepPro Standard was a fairly impressive product. This makes the market ponder what kind of improvements that Custom had inserted into an great product.
- Price- The Custom is much more expensive. Almost way too expensive, costing as much as 4 times the price of the Standard.
- Fitting Process- The SleepPro Standard employed a traditional boil-and-bite method. However, the Custom version was laboratory and specially made for a particular person. They just have to follow the process of using the dental impression kit.
- Fit Comparison- Custom was essentially made for your jaw and teeth which also gives you a less bulkier feeling
SleepPro is the company that had been focusing on improving the sleep disorders and snoring problems of their customers since 1998. Partnered with MEDiTAS Ltd., both are based in Winchester United Kingdom. They have distributions throughout Australia, Europe, and the United States.
Pros and Cons
Though well-made and well-designed, no mouthpiece is perfect up to date. It’s best to become familiar before purchasing anything, that is.
- Keeps the airway clear
- Thin, not-bulky material used.
- Allows mouth breathing
- Has the most precise fit
- Denture wearers can use it
- Established company from 1998
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Low shipping charges
- Cause soreness in teeth and jaw
- Higher price than most MADs
- Takes weeks to receive after sending in dental impression
- Becomes rough and uncomfortable to wear when soaked in hot water
It sells for $199.99 plus an additional $8.25 for shipping. If you’ve ordered a Standard in the past 6 months, you can receive a 20 percent discount for the Custom.
They offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all their products.
SleepPro Custom Final Verdict
Custom made to fit your jaw precisely is what some would like and this is the perfect match for them. Even though it costs $199.99, the price sits fairly with other custom fitted snoring products. Also, it takes up minimal space so your comfort is not compromised. If you’re not into the whole MAD scene and feels uncomfortable with their fit, it’s worth considering the SleepPro Custom.